Friday, January 7, 2011

In Which I Crawl Out From Under My Rock...

The rest of 2010 finished in a blur. I turned 29, there was the 60th anniversary of the drive-in, I became a Laughter Yoga leader and met a lot of great folks in the process, my iTunes library expanded, I discovered Daft Punk and Phoenix and Justice and a bunch of other really awesome music/bands/groups/musicians/whathaveyou, ate a fair amount of sushi, tried Vietnamese food for the first time, had some amazing authentic chai, danced in the aisles of a Trader Joes, laughed as much if not more than I cried, watched a lot of movies, discovered Just Dance 2, re-discovered the joys of reading, knitted...a lot...real good, and started breaking in my first pair of Vibrams.

There were trips to Los Angeles and Albuquerque. There were important milestones reached and funerals and births. There was a really long tram ride, a really sad goodbye, a good amount of really funny cards, Avenue Q, Eclipse (which really wasn't all that great, but I still saw 4 times...mostly because we showed it at the drive-in), and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 (which really was that great, in my humble opinion). There was a Jackson Browne concert with my dad, something that is/will always be one of my favorite memories of spending time with him. Drinks were drank (though not as many of them as you might think), goals were accomplished...some of them anyway, and we lost a very dear furry member of the family.

Now onto 2011...

It seems like business as usual. Really, 2010 seemed like business as usual, but now that I look back on it, maybe it wasn't so much that way. Or perhaps the highlights just become lost in the noise of the daily grind.

Goals for the year:
*Organization. I'm forever working on organization. I blame it on the ADD and Dyslexia, but placing blame doesn't fix anything. Good news, I am making progress.
*Exercise.
*Bolster the Finances.
*Finish as many existing knitting projects as possible. Several of these just need to be frogged or finished (sewn together, ends woven in, etc.). This year I shall make finishing projects my bitch.
*Avoiding insanity. Sometimes this one seems easier said than done.

Projects for the year (thus far):
*LSG11ty - In which 11 knitting/crochet/spinning projects are finished by December 31st, 2011. I've finished one and a half so far. (Pics later as they're both gifts.)
*Pay it Forward - Sending 5 hand-made items to 5 people who agree to also send 5 hand-made items to 5 other people. I know it sounds like a chain letter...but I prefer to think of it as an organized random act of kindness.
*100 Sketches in 100 Days - Pretty self-explanatory, I think. I don't think they have to be all sketches, just something created each day. I was a little nervous about this at first, but now I'm kinda excited. I'll be posting my creations on the blog each day. (If this doesn't get me in the blogging habit, then I don't know what will.)
*Project Origami - In which I endeavor to master the art of paper folding. My goal is to be able to successfully create kusudamas. Flowers and other items are on my list too. I'm doing this completely on my own.

Trips this year are TBD. However, ABQ and the west coast are yet again on my list.

Right, so I'm on my way...

Here's some Phoenix. Enjoy.

No comments: