Sunday, November 2, 2008

Okay, this was originally a knitting blog...now it's general blog.

I had to shelve the knitting for awhile...my hands just were not taking it so well. I've been working on a few projects here and there...and I have a couple of projects to get done by Christmas...but other than that, my knitting time has been severely cut down.

Suffice it to say, I've found plenty of other ways to occupy my time.

One of them is my new Air Blade. (I should have a picture to post here...but I don't...instead, check it out for yourself here: www.bandshoppe.com ). It's pretty sweet.

For those of you wondering, the Air Blade is the new color guard "weapon" that Band Shoppe released earlier this year. It's sort of an interesting cross between a rifle and a saber...all of which, along with flags and other props, are used in color guard routines that are choreographed to marching band shows. (The blog isn't called "In Defense of Geekery" for nothing.)

At $30 it's cheaper than most traditional guard weapons and it's unique curvature as well as ample places for hand holds make it very versatile. Due to it's construction, each one is also perfectly balanced and weighs the same. ...Plus, it's made out of the same material as Legos are...so that sends the geek factor through the roof.

I was able to enjoy it for a couple of weeks after its arrival, but sadly, it's been sitting in the corner tempting me the past couple of days while it's been snowing and blowing outside.

Instead, I've been filling out college forms and I've started the packing process.

My dad has warned me this time that he's not moving me unless I take only the bare essentials with...bed, clothes, kitchen...and that's about it. Apparently those 3 years of living on the 4th floor of Pierson Hall (and moving in and out) still haunt him to this day. So I've been doing a lot of sorting.

It's been rather therapeutic. I haven't gone through and gotten rid of stuff for awhile now. My space is feeling less cluttered and my mind is much clearer.

Well, I'm off to get a tea and to catch up on this weeks Private Practice and The Office. Later.

No comments: